History of Tapijn B4 Gates and fencing
Gates and fencing
There is a high fence around the barracks. The fence dates from the early stages of the construction of the barracks between 1916 and 1919. There are three gates in the fence, each with two pylons. They are located at the original entrance on the corner of Sint-Hubertuslaan and Prins Bisschopssingel, along Prins Bisschopsingel in the middle of the parade ground, and on the north side. This third gate on the north side was specifically intended for the hospital.