History of Tapijn C Buildings added later
Because of the new training of conscripts that came to Maastricht for their first exercise, plans were made in 1951 to expand the barracks with a garage, a parts workshop, and a lecture and dorm building. In addition, a new enlisted men’s mess was built in 1955. This new building housed the dining room for enlisted men, a billiard room, and a reading and writing room. The lecture and dorm building and the enlisted men’s mess are still standing within Tapijn. These are the buildings closest to the Jeker.