History of Tapijn C2 The new enlisted men's mess
The new enlisted men’s mess dates from 1955. The building has a large basic volume with a rectangular floor plan, to which a slightly lower entrance building and a number of lower extensions connect on the east side. These building sections are one storey high and are crowned with a semi-circular concrete roof covered with bitumen. On the south-east side, there is a semi-circular room extension with a flat roof and concrete drip mould.